A safety plan helps you prepare and stay safe in family violence situations. Everyone’s safety plan will be different depending on their situation. Therefore, what you should include in your safety plan will depend on your own situation. For example: whether you have children, are an elder, or have pets.
However, some of the essential things to include in your safety plan are:
- a list of things you will take with you if you leave;
- a list of safe places where you can go;
- a list of safe places where you can go that also accept children and pets (if you have any);
- a list of emergency numbers you can call; and
- a list of people that you trust and that you can talk to.